Sunday, July 14, 2013


Hi All ╭(๑¯д¯๑)╮. Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been extremely busy with work lately so I can't find time to post stuff. I haven't even started my GBWC entry due to work ლ(ಠ益ಠლ. I can't sacrifice my work for my hobby because no work means no financial support for my hobby ಠ▃ಠ. 


Anyway, my cousin's birthday is coming up this Tuesdat and I thought that I would give him a painted Gundam as a gift (´・_・`)... and so I labored squeezed making this gundam in my busy schedule (probably took 4 - 5 hours of my time) in 2 days and now here it is! I'm quite satisfied with the result given how rushed this is  (・_・ヾ... Although I hate how some of the paint got scratched because the paint is not yet fully cured but I had to attach the parts together already  m(_ _;;m... Anyway I hope he becomes happy with this gift (⊙_◎)...


So about this kit, this GUNPLA is actually quite new.. it was released only this May so this is actually one of the best SD Gundams around in terms of articulation (in what limited articulation it has anyway  (^~^;)ゞ ) and design. 

About the design, this redesign of the SD Sazabi is very good. It actually looks better than any Sazabi BANDAI has released ever. The head is too big it actually covers up two of the funnels ヽ(´ー`)ノ The only thing I did not like about this kit is that they only decided to include three opened funnels and one effect part  (一。一;;) I wonder why BANDAI likes doing this to us, giving us incomplete effect parts when they could easily give us a complete set without even creating a new mold \(-___________-;)/ Anyway that's my only gripe about this kit. Other than that it looks, and is, awesome (ノ´∀`*)ノ

About the paint I used, I used Bosny spray cans a lot because I was rushing 
(`・ω・´)”. I hand painted the gold. And I sprayed the Gun Metal using Airbrush  
(´∇ノ`*)ノ

The colors were achieved by doing the following
Blue
Spray painted in the following order: Bosny Primer Gray -> Bosny Black -> Bosny Metallic Silver -> Bosny Honda Clear Blue C3 -> Bosny Honda Clear Blue C3 -> Bosny Clear

Gun Metal Black
Airbrushed using a mixture of 3/5 Gun Metal + 1/5 Black + 1/5 Thinner

Gold
Handpainted using Tamiya Leaf Green Gold

Green
Used stickers because I had no green paint in stock and I always go home so late from work that there are no more stores open that can sell them to me  (;´・`)>

So anyway here are some random pics I took.. The pictures actually don't do the kit justice because it looks a lot more awesome in the flesh (⌒▽⌒). Gloss is so hard to take pictures of ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌.







So till next time guys (☞゚∀゚)☞ Hope you enjoyed this post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment